AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change default join role

Question asked by danie_lgr on Apr 30, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2009 by mikeh
Hi All

We have recently implemented Alfresco Labs 3.0.0 (Stable) and use the Share site for collaboration. A request has come through to have users join sites with the collaborator role, rather consumer role by default, when clicking the 'Join' button on either the 'Site Finder' page or a page's title bar.

After a lot of searching I have found the following workaround: In webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model/sitePermissionDefinitions.xml, change the permissionGroup of both SiteContributor and SiteConsumer to permissionGroup="Collaborator".

However this solution is not ideal, as it effectively just makes SiteContributor and SiteConsumer aliases for SiteCollaborator.

The other potential solution I could find was to replace instances of role: "SiteConsumer" with role: "SiteCollaborator" in the following two files:
webapps\share\components\site-finder\site-finder.js
share\components\title\collaboration-title.js
The idea behind this was that the "Join" buttons would assign Collaborator as default, however this solution only worked for the admin user. Any other users would  get the error "Failed to add user X to site Y".

Anything I've missed, or is there a simpler way of achieving this?

Outcomes