AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overlayed WEB-INF/lib isn't being read when previewing JSP

Question asked by samwise on Apr 30, 2009
Hi,

I have two web projects set up - one called Authoring and another Publishing.

Authoring is used to author content through Web Forms.  This web project stores all of the authored XML content, JSP renditions, images, and a WEB-INF directory.  The WEB-INF has a lib directory with a jar archive containing Java code referenced in the rendered JSPs.

The Publishing web project contains no files of its own; it uses layered folders to expose only the rendered content, images, and the WEB-INF directory.

Previewing the rendered JSPs within the Authoring web project works completely in both the staging and the user sandboxes.  However, when attempting to view the same JSPs in the Publishing web project via the layered folders, I receive a compile error that says the JSP doesn't know about the referenced Java class - the one that is contained contained within the jar archive in the overlayed WEB-INF/lib directory.

An error occurred at line: 6 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. <package.name>.<JavaClass> resolves to a package

From the reading I've done, this error message appears to be reflective of a a classpath error; the virtualisation server cannot find the Java class.  There is nothing in the
ALFRESCO_DIR/virtual-tomcat/work/atalina/avm.alfresco.localhost/WEB_PROJECT_ID$ROOT/WEB-INF directory, but I understand this is expected for the virtual server when using layered folders.

Restarting the Alfresco application and the virtualisation server does not resolve the error.

Has anyone come up against this before?

I'm using Alfresco Enterprise (Trial) verrsion 3.1.0 (142) schema 1008.

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information to get to the bottom of this error.

Thanks,

Sam

Outcomes