AnsweredAssumed Answered

Transaction must be active and synchronization is required

Question asked by mliedtke on Feb 22, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2008 by mliedtke
Hi,
I'm getting an error when trying to deploy a webscript in liferay. 

I'm using LifeRay 4.4.1 with Alfresco 2.1.1 deployed as a portlet on JBoss 4.2, and when I include any of the out of the box WebScrips portlets I get the following error.

The Web Script /alfresco/168s/ui/myspaces has responded with a status of 500 - Internal Error.

500 Description:   An error inside the HTTP server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Message:   Transaction must be active and synchronization is required

Exception:   org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException - Transaction must be active and synchronization is required

org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport.registerSynchronizations(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:389)
   org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport.getSynchronization(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:374)
   org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport.bindDaoService(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:237)
   org.alfresco.repo.transaction.TransactionalDaoInterceptor.invoke(TransactionalDaoInterceptor.java:66)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
   $Proxy306.getNode(Unknown Source)
   org.alfresco.repo.node.db.DbNodeServiceImpl.exists(DbNodeServiceImpl.java:166)
   sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor312.invoke(Unknown Source)
   sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)
   org.alfresco.repo.transaction.TransactionResourceInterceptor.invoke(TransactionResourceInterceptor.java:129)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
   $Proxy308.exists(Unknown Source) […]

One curious thing to note though if I access the portlet directly (ie not through the liferay portal container) with the URL "http://server.domain.com:8080/alfresco/168s/ui/myspaces" I can see it properly.  I'm hoping that I just missed something small, but I'm lost

If anyone has any clues on this please help

Thanks,
Mark

Outcomes