AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cluster fun - Ehcache remote debugger

Question asked by tdell on Feb 25, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2008 by tdell
I've been trying to set up a PoC for an Alfresco cluster the past few weeks. I'm using Alfresco Enterprise 2.1.1. My latest attempt is the closest I've been, but there's still issues. For example creating a space seems to carry on to the other server(s), creating content takes up to 5 minutes, and modifying content properties doesn't ever seem to.

I've been trying to get the Remote Debugger running to see if that will help me out..

alf0:/opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib# java -jar ehcache-1.3.0-remote-debugger.jar /opt/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/ehcache-custom.xml
Increase the net.sf.ehcache.distribution logging level to debug or trace to see distributed cache operations as they occur.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors
   at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.MulticastKeepaliveHeartbeatReceiver.init(MulticastKeepaliveHeartbeatReceiver.java:81)
   at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.init(MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.java:89)
   at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:221)
   at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:153)
   at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RemoteDebugger.main(RemoteDebugger.java:46)

I have the following in log4j.properties:
log4j.logger.net.sf.ehcache.distribution=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.node.index.IndexTransactionTracker=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.node.index.AVMRemoteSnapshotTracker=DEBUG

I've been going through Ehcache documentation and other forums, and I haven't find anything related to my problem. Am I missing something here?

Outcomes