AnsweredAssumed Answered

unable to install any AMP file

Question asked by chojin on May 7, 2009
Latest reply on May 30, 2011 by machz
I'm completely new to Alfresco (and even to tomcat) but looking for a decent CMS so I'm doing a test-drive of Alfresco Lab 3Stable on Debian Lenny 5.01 (since we don't trust windows)
And I wanted to install MediaWiki AMP.. but I discovered I can't install any amp, and every attempt gives me an unresponsive and defective Alfresco.

What I do:
I downloaded phpIntegration.amp and the mediawiki amp files and put them into /opt/Alfresco/amps dir.
Then I run:

# cd /opt/Alfresco
# java -jar bin/alfresco-mmt.jar install ./amps/phpIntegration.amp tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war -verbose
Installing AMP './amps/phpIntegration.amp' into WAR 'tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war'
WAR has been backed up to 'tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war-1241709841772.bak'
Adding files relating to version '1.0' of module 'phpIntegration'
   - File '/WEB-INF/lib/quercus.jar' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/lib/resin-util.jar' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-php.jar' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/template/doc_info.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/template/my_summary.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/template/template-import.xml' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/template' added to war
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testCopyMove.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testUnitTestMethods.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/storeListTemplate.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testScript.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testFileFolder.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testModelAndGlobals.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testNamespaceMap.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testTemplate.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testNode.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testContentProperties.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test/testNodeSave.php' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/test' added to war
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/bootstrap-context.xml' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/module-context.xml' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/script/script-import.xml' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/script/append_copyright.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/script/backup.php' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration/script' added to war
   - Directory '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/phpIntegration' added to war
   - File '/php/Examples/phpinfo.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/config.php' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/SimpleBrowse/index.php' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/php/Examples/SimpleBrowse' added to war
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_white_07.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_04.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_07.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/person.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/AlfrescoFadedBG.png' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/AlfrescoLogo200.png' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_02.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/add_user.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_02.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_06.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_07.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_06.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/logout.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_09.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/titlebar_bg.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_01.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/post.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_03.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_white_09.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_04.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/AlfrescoLogo32.png' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/space_small.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/titlebar_begin.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/titlebar_end.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_08.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/blue_01.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_03.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_09.gif' added to war from amp
   - File '/php/Examples/Common/Images/white_08.gif' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/php/Examples/Common/Images' added to war
   - Directory '/php/Examples/Common' added to war
   - File '/php/Examples/QueryExecuter/queryExecuter.php' added to war from amp
   - Directory '/php/Examples/QueryExecuter' added to war
   - Directory '/php/Examples' added to war
Unable to save module details into WAR file:
   Module: phpIntegration
   Properties: {module.version=1.0, module.description=PHP Integration Module, module.id=phpIntegration, module.repo.version.max=999, module.title=PHP Integration, module.repo.version.min=2.0, module.installState=INSTALLED, module.installDate=2009-05-07T17:24:06.991+02:00}
Module managment tool available commands:
———————————————————–

install: Installs a AMP file(s) into an Alfresco WAR file, updates if an older version is already installed.
usage:   install <AMPFileLocation> <WARFileLocation> [options]
valid options:
   -verbose   : enable verbose output
   -directory : indicates that the amp file location specified is a directory.
                All amp files found in the directory and its sub directories are installed.
   -force     : forces installation of AMP regardless of currently installed module version
   -preview   : previews installation of AMP without modifying WAR file
   -nobackup  : indicates that no backup should be made of the WAR

———————————————————–

list:  Lists all the modules currently installed in an Alfresco WAR file.
usage: list <WARFileLocation>

———————————————————–

As you can see, after adding all files and directories, it says: "Unable to save module details into WAR file"
But I can't find any more details of why it fails..
I get exactly the same error with every amp I try (after restoring the backup of alfresco.war, otherwise it gets even worse and I get java exceptions trown about module parameters missing), even with the vti-module.amp which was included in the installation.

When I run the apply_amps.sh script instead of the above command, I don't get the verbose output, and I don't get an error, but I do get the usage instructions and the amp doesn't show up when I do the 'list' command.

What am I doing wrong? As I didn't find anyone encountering the same problem, not on this forum, nor in Google.. ?

Outcomes