AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco as windows service - won't start fully

Question asked by kilucas on May 30, 2009
I'm trying to follow the instructions on the wiki for starting Alfresco 3 stable as a windows service on Windows XP pro. I have alfresco installed in C:\alfresco so I've used the following to install the service from the command line in c:\alfresco\tomcat\bin:

tomcat6 //IS//Tomcat6 –DisplayName="Alfresco Server" –Install="C:\Alfresco\Tomcat\bin\tomcat6.exe" –Jvm=auto –StartMode=jvm –StopMode=jvm –StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap –StartParams=start –StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap –StopParams=stop

I can see the service in my Windsows service list but attempts to start it fail with a system event error "The Alfresco Server service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0)."

I uninstalled the service and then, following a suggestion on the Tomcat web site I, tried to start the service in console mode by replacing //IS// with //TS//. This echos feedback the command line where I'm very swiftly told about a "[427 prunsrv.c] [error]" with message "The system cannot find the file specified".

This is followed by a further error message of "[1336 prunsrv.c] [error]" and the message "Local configuration failed".

I can't spot a log anywhere to tell me which file is missing and still didn't get a log when I tried to add "–LogPath="C:\temp" –LogLevel=warn" to the end of the command to run tomcat.

Does anyone know how I could find out which file I'm missing please?

Many thanks

Kevin

Outcomes