AnsweredAssumed Answered

INSTALLATION DOES NOT WORK

Question asked by tcrabtree21 on Jun 2, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 by nadaoneal
I have spent three days trying to install Alfresco on Windows 2003 R2. I have used the full install executable. I have also installed the JDK and OOo separately and tried installing. It does not work at all. When I goto http://localhost:8080/alfresco I get "The page cannot be displayed" error every time. I have tried installing it in C:\Alfresco and in C:\CMS. This is a fresh install of Windows, and nothing else is running on it.

I have also tried the unpacking the tomcat bundle, but the installation instructions on the Alfresco Wiki are not correct. For example, the Wiki says to go to the <extension> directory, but after unpacking the .zip file, there is only a <extension-install> folder. Inside, there's a file titled "DO NOT EDIT THESE FILES!" I am at a loss as what to do.

I really would like to install and evaluate Alfresco. It looks like what we need for a project at our college. But I've tried for three days and cannot get the thing to work. When I run alf_start.bat, i get the following response:

Starting tomcat …
Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\CMS\tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\CMS\tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\CMS\tomcat\tmp
Using JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14

That's it. Nothing else. I can't find the log entries telling me what happened or is missing. I have tried installing with MySQL and with Derby. The installation creates the table and user for Alfresco in MySQL, so that works. But nothing else does.

Can anyone one steer me in the right direction? Please?

Outcomes