AnsweredAssumed Answered

Content Type not in Advanced Search

Question asked by jk3us on Jul 2, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2009 by chandu7ee
I've set up a content type and an aspect… almost everything is working correctly with them: I can set objects to be of the type and have the aspect, i can set all their properties correctly.  I'm now trying to set up search and am having a couple of problems:

1) I can't get the new type to appear in the "Content Type" drop down on the advanced search page.
2) I got some "Additional Options" to show up, but entering values there doesn't seem to have an effect on the search results.

From web-client-config-custom.xml:

<config evaluator="string-compare" condition="Advanced Search">
        <advanced-search>
            <content-types>
                <type name="c4k:image" />
            </content-types>
            <custom-properties>
                <meta-data type="c4k:image" property="c4k:image_type" display-label-id="c4k_image_type" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:language" display-label-id="c4k_language" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:context" display-label-id="c4k_context" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:obj_location" display-label-id="c4k_obj_location" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:event_location" display-label-id="c4k_event_location" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:date" display-label-id="c4k_date" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:exp_date" display-label-id="c4k_exp_date" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:rights_restricted" display-label-id="c4k_rights_restricted" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:rights_description" display-label-id="c4k_rights_description" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:reading_level" display-label-id="c4k_reading_level" />
                <meta-data aspect="c4k:Cure4KidsMetadata" property="c4k:audience" display-label-id="c4k_audience" />
            </custom-properties>
        </advanced-search>
   </config>

Is there something else I need to add to get the new type to appear in the drop down?

Why does searching on the properties of that aspect not seem to change the search results?

Outcomes