AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMAP Client Configuration Help Needed

Question asked by darryl_staflund on Jul 6, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 by darryl_staflund
Hi all,

I have installed Alfresco Community 3.2 and want to test out its IMAP capabilities.  To do this, I have enabled the IMAP protocol server by modifying:

/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/imap/default/imap-server.properties

to read as follows:

imap.server.enabled=true
imap.server.host=localhost
imap.server.port=143

imap.config.home.store=${spaces.store}
imap.config.home.rootPath=/${spaces.company_home.childname}
imap.config.home.folderPath=Imap Home

imap.server.web.application.context.url=http://localhost:8080/alfresco

I also created and saved the following content in /Company Home/Data Dictionary/Imap Configs as 'imap-config.xml' and restarted the server:

<alfresco-config>
   <config>
      <imapConfig>
         <imap name="Repository_virtual" mode="virtual">
            <store>workspace://SpacesStore</store>
            <rootPath>/app:company_home</rootPath>
         </imap>
         <imap name="Repository_archive" mode="archive">
            <store>workspace://SpacesStore</store>
            <rootPath>/app:company_home</rootPath>
         </imap>
      </imapConfig>
   </config>
</alfresco-config>

This seems to be all I need to do to enable the IMAP protocol server since the following logging information is emitted during startup:

15:01:39,453 User:System INFO  [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Starting 'imap' subsystem, ID: [default]
15:01:39,468 User:System INFO  [alfresco.config.JndiPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/alfresco-shared.properties]
15:01:39,546 User:System INFO  [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Startup of 'imap' subsystem, ID: [default] complete

However, I can't seem to access it from Outlook, which I have configured as follows:

Incoming mail server(IMAP):  localhost
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):  <My carrier's SMTP server address>
User Name:  <my alfresco account name>
Password:  <my alfresco account password>
Incoming Server (IMAP) Port:  143
Root folder path:  <blank>

This doesn't work.  Nor does it work if I change the IMAP server name to my IP address or machine name.  I've also tried changing the Root folder path to '/' and '/app:company_home' but nothing works.

The error I get from Outlook is as follows:

Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on Alfresco Repository (IMAP).' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account Alfresco Repository (IMAP). Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

What am I doing wrong?  What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks,
Darryl Staflund

PS:  I have opened up port 143 on my workstation.

Outcomes