AnsweredAssumed Answered

[solved] Hibernate: how to get the Configuration object ?

Question asked by zomurn on Jul 8, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 by zomurn
Hi,

I'am working with alfresco and hibernate API : I need to add extra tables to alfresco schema.
I am trying to do the classical hibernate instruction :

Configuration config = new Configuration();

cfg = config
       .configure(
       "/org/alfresco/module/msc_core/activite/config/hibernate.cfg.xml" );

The problem is that alfresco already has its own application-context.xml and its own hibernate properties configuration (similar to hibernate.cfg.xml). All this hibernate configuration is initialized through spring. For example, we can read in hibernate-context.xml :

<!– load hibernate configuration properties –>    
    <bean id="hibernateConfigProperties" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
        <property name="locations">
            <list>
                <value>classpath:alfresco/domain/hibernate-cfg.properties</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>

and much more.

The problem is that file hibernate-cfg.properties doesn't contains the REAL hibernate properties at runtime. For example the setting of hibernate.dialect may change at load time when reading custom-dialect.properties in alfresco/extension in shared tomcat folder. So I'd like to be able to read and get values at runtime , when the application was completely loaded. Which spring bean contains this information ? How to get the real hibernate configuration ?

Thanks

Outcomes