AnsweredAssumed Answered

Created another GROUP_Everyone and can't delete it

Question asked by sgomez on Nov 11, 2009
Hi,

I created a group named "Everyone" and forgot there is already a special authority called GROUP_EVERYONE.  Now when I try to delete the group through  java backed webscript, it gets stuck in an infinite loop and I have to manually close tomcat.  I'm fairly sure there is nothing wrong with the webscript as deleting other groups works fine and does not get stuck in an infinite loop but here is my code to deleting the authority.

I don't have any loops within the actual webscript, but whats happening is the webscript keeps getting called.  Code to delete below:

groupname = jsonRequestData.getString("groupname");
System.out.println("Deleting " + groupname);  //I know its looping because this keeps getting printed out
if (authorityService.authorityExists(groupname)) {
     authorityService.deleteAuthority(groupname);
}

Also, If i try to delete it through Alfresco's Group Management, I get the following error:

A system error happened during the operation: could not delete: [org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.DbAccessControlEntryImpl#1]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not delete: [org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.DbAccessControlEntryImpl#1]

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter.  Thank you.

-sgomez

Outcomes