AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 4.0a upgrade - SOLR indexing errors

Question asked by andrewlove on Oct 12, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 by andy
I have carried out a test upgrade of an existing Alfresco Community v3.4c deployment to Alfresco v4.0a Community.  This is running on CentOS v6.0.

As part of the migration I switched the search sub-system from Lucene to SOLR, as per the documentation. Specifically I edited alfresco-global.properties and set:
   index.subsystem.name=solr
   solr.host=localhost
   solr.port=8080
   solr.port.ssl=8443
I also deleted any existing lucene indexes from the alf_data directory prior to firing up Alfresco v4.0a.

Having started the v4.0a deployment everything migrated smoothly and I can use the repository and Share.  My only problem is searching and my logs are filling up with the following error:

INFO: Server startup in 154136 ms
Oct 11, 2011 6:20:36 PM org.quartz.core.JobRunShell run
SEVERE: Job Solr.CoreTracker-archive threw an unhandled Exception:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
   at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
   at org.alfresco.solr.SolrLuceneAnalyser.findAnalyser(SolrLuceneAnalyser.java:257)
   at org.alfresco.solr.SolrLuceneAnalyser.tokenStream(SolrLuceneAnalyser.java:101)
   at org.alfresco.solr.SolrLuceneAnalyser.tokenStream(SolrLuceneAnalyser.java:109)
   at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer.reusableTokenStream(Analyzer.java:51)
   at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$SolrIndexAnalyzer.reusableTokenStream(IndexSchema.java:364)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:124)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:244)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:828)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:809)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2683)
   at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2655)
   at org.alfresco.solr.AlfrescoUpdateHandler.addDoc(AlfrescoUpdateHandler.java:323)
   at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.indexNode(CoreTracker.java:1780)
   at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.trackRepository(CoreTracker.java:1316)
   at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.updateIndex(CoreTracker.java:481)
   at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTrackerJob.execute(CoreTrackerJob.java:45)
   at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
   at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)

Does anyone have any idea where I've gone wrong or what may be causing this error?

Many thanks
Andrew

Outcomes