AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting dir.root sort of working, but exception occurs

Question asked by nlfiedler on Nov 12, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 by jayjayecl
In $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties I have specified dir.root like so:

dir.root=/Users/nfiedler/NoBackup/alf_data

Starting Tomcat from the shell I see these messages.

15:15:57,238  INFO  [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco root data directory ('dir.root') is: /Users/nfiedler/NoBackup/alf_data
15:15:57,324  ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: Indexes not found for 7 stores.
15:15:57,324  INFO  [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] You may set 'index.recovery.mode=FULL' if you need to rebuild the indexes.
15:15:57,324  ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: System content not found in content store.
15:15:57,324  ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.
15:15:57,327  ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 10120000 Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:338)
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.access$000(ConfigurationChecker.java:74)
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1.execute(ConfigurationChecker.java:186)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:327)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:253)
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.onBootstrap(ConfigurationChecker.java:190)
   at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
   (and so on)

So what did I do wrong here? The build seemed to go through fine and I've created the alf_data directory and it's initially empty. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks

Outcomes