AnsweredAssumed Answered

No row with the given identifier exists

Question asked by spdaly on Jul 29, 2009
I restarted my Alfresco instance this morning and got the following error message:

08:58:45,298  ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl#14]
   at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl$1.handleEntityNotFound(SessionFactoryImpl.java:375)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.checkTargetState(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:79)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initialize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:68)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImplementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:111)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBLazyInitializer.invoke(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:140)
   at org.alfresco.repo.domain.Node$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$7f00d78a.getNodeRef(<generated>)
   at org.alfresco.repo.node.db.DbNodeServiceImpl.getRootNode(DbNodeServiceImpl.java:358)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor111.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.invokeInternal(SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.java:163)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.invoke(SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.java:138)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
   at $Proxy3.getRootNode(Unknown Source)

I have had this error message before and I ended up having to dump the repository and start all over again.  I found ~14 message in the forum that reference this error, but there are no answers.

This has me very concerned because we are going live with a web site soon that uses Alfresco as a backend digital asset management system.  I am running other instances of Alfresco and I can never seen this problem before.

Outcomes