AnsweredAssumed Answered

Post Commit like Functionality for an ASR (3.1/3.0)

Question asked by tschaib2 on Nov 16, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 by tschaib2
Hello all,

I'm trying to set up Alfreco WCM to manage content for an existing PHP application.

1 of our requirements is that the content be fully searchable which has led us down the path of using an ASR to host the content and using WebScripts to expose the content for PHP to retrieve.

Another one of our requirements is that during authoring/review, the author/reviewer should be able to preview all content in the PHP app.  The Test Server pool seems like the natural fit for this, I'm just running into one issue.

In the case of an author deploying a test version of his/her sandbox, the AVM's name ends up being <siteDnsName>–<userName>live, and when reviewing the workflow sandbox, the AVM's name ends up being <siteDnsName>–workflow-<workflowId>live. 

This is somewhat problematic because on each deployment to a Test Server in the Test Pool the corresponding test php app needs to be updated to know the new AVM store name.  I was hoping I could use the postCommit functionality to inform the test php app what the new AVM store name is, but that seems to only be available for FSRs and not ASRs (at least pre-3.2 … we'll eventually be targeting the enterprise version, so I think that's still a bit away from 3.2 release). 

Is there a way to get similar functionality like this in an ASR?

Or is there some other way to go about solving this problem.  I thought another solution would be if I could configure the AVM names to be pinned to the name of the selected test server somehow, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks,
–Tom

Outcomes