AnsweredAssumed Answered

RM Installation causes failed start and 404 error

Question asked by ofrxnz on Nov 17, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2009 by bnordgren
So, i am was testing the upgrade path from 3.0 to 3.2r and after I applied this fix https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALFCOM-3611 I was successfully able to migrate/upgrade to 3.2r with 100% the functionality. 

I went to install the Records Management amps to give them a test drive and was careful to install the share amp into share and the alfresco amp into alfresco.

If I use a basic configuration and a blank repo, RM installs and starts properly. 

Using our backup data, when I start alfresco after I install the RM amps i get the error at the bottom of this post. 

I think it is caused by a conflict I made many versions ago when i renamed to root node bootstrap-spaces.properties and bootstrap-spaces_en_us.properties.  this was the property "spaces.company_home.name=ActualCompanyNameHere"  I also made similar changes in the webclient.properties files. 

By changing this I can cause a blank repository to also exibit the same error (unlike when its set to it's default)

This change has never posed an issue before and has upgraded several times with no issue. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I have preliminarily played with editing it back in the db and config but it didn't help though i don't know what im doing. 

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Here is the log.  You will see the bit about the VTI module.  It installs properly and works.  I didn't install it for this example to reduce complexity since RM was causing trouble.

16:10:33,060 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Startup of 'thirdparty' subsystem, ID: [default] complete
16:10:35,306 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco root data directory ('dir.root') is: /opt/Alfresco/alf_data
16:10:36,176 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] Checking for patches to apply …
16:10:36,695 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] No patches were required.
16:10:36,804 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.module.ModuleServiceImpl] Found 1 module(s).
16:10:37,687 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.module.ModuleServiceImpl] Installing module 'org_alfresco_module_dod5015' version 1.0.
16:10:37,752 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap] Importing alfresco/module/org_alfresco_module_dod5015/bootstrap/RMDataDictionaryBootstrap.xml
16:10:37,787 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap] Import started at Tue Nov 17 16:10:37 EST 2009 (1258492237787)
16:10:39,890 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap] Import completed at Tue Nov 17 16:10:39 EST 2009 (1258492239881)
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap] Import duration: 2094 ms (Note: excluding commit time)
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Nodes created: 9
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Nodes linked: 0
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Aspects Added: 0
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Properties set: 56
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Content set: 6
16:10:39,910 DEBUG [org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap]  Permissions set: 0
16:10:40,663 WARN  [org.alfresco.repo.module.ModuleServiceImpl] A previously-installed module 'org.alfresco.module.vti' (version 1.0) is not present in your distribution.
16:10:41,502 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
net.sf.acegisecurity.AuthenticationCredentialsNotFoundException: A valid SecureContext was not provided in the RequestContext
        at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.credentialsNotFound(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:477)
        at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.beforeInvocation(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:355)
        at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:77)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.proceed(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:198)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:152)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:49)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.proceedWithAudit(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:237)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.proceed(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:204)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:152)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy9.exists(Unknown Source)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleServiceImpl.checkForCopy(RuleServiceImpl.java:986)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleServiceImpl.canExecuteRule(RuleServiceImpl.java:961)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleServiceImpl.executePendingRule(RuleServiceImpl.java:894)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleServiceImpl.executePendingRulesImpl(RuleServiceImpl.java:867)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleServiceImpl.executePendingRules(RuleServiceImpl.java:840)
        at org.alfresco.repo.rule.RuleTransactionListener.beforeCommit(RuleTransactionListener.java:63)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport$TransactionSynchronizationImpl.doBeforeCommit(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:739)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport$TransactionSynchronizationImpl.doBeforeCommit(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:719)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport$TransactionSynchronizationImpl.beforeCommit(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:679)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationUtils.triggerBeforeCommit(TransactionSynchronizationUtils.java:48)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.triggerBeforeCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:835)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:645)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:632)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.commitTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:314)
        at org.alfresco.util.transaction.SpringAwareUserTransaction.commit(SpringAwareUserTransaction.java:467)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:340)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:252)
        at org.alfresco.repo.module.ModuleStarter.onBootstrap(ModuleStarter.java:74)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:617)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:189)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:69)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:627)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:553)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1149)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
16:10:58,093 INFO  [org.alfresco.web.site.FrameworkHelper] Successfully Initialized Web Framework
16:11:09,353 INFO  [org.alfresco.web.site.FrameworkHelper] Successfully Initialized Web Framework

Outcomes