AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation Help / Question

Question asked by jrpechta on Nov 18, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 by mrogers
I'm attempting put Alfresco on one of our development laptops to demonstrate what is possible with this CMS.
After installation, I am running into the following errors when installing 3.2r OOo, version and am not sure
of the root cause.

Things I've done so far: (Windows XP SP3)
Fixed: resolved the mysql 1067 error I was getting.
Tried: Downloaded java directly and tried the OOo version.
Tried: Installing full version of 3.2r with built-in database and got the same issue.
Verified: I have a path for Java_Home in my environment variables.

I have review the documentation, but am feeling stuck at the moment.

When I start the Alfresco server I get the following error:

13:50:49,367 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cxf.wsdl.WSDLManager' defined in class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from jar:file:/C:/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.1.7.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class) needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from jar:file:/C:/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.1.7.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class) needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thank you for any replies and assistance.

Outcomes