AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spaces, Share and Alfresco woes

Question asked by cybertoast on Dec 3, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 by cybertoast
I'm confused about how spaces created in the /alfresco repository differ from sites created in /share, and how the two interact with each other. Specifically my problem is that sub-spaces that I create in /alfresco are not visible in /share, and this is causing me problems. (I've read the wiki pages about not creating sites in /alfresco for use in /share, but in my case I actually do need to do something similar, so would like to understand what exactly the problem is!)

I can create a "site" in /share, say called Home. This shows up under the Company Home > Sites space in /alfresco. From /alfresco I can create another space under Sites > Home, like Foo (so Sites > Home > documentLibrary > Foo), and this shows up when I navigate to documentlibrary in /share.

But if I directly create a space in /alfresco (Sites > userhome, for instance), this does NOT show up in /share (going to /share/page/site/userhome/documentlibrary). Site-finder does not find this site either.

So what's going on during creation of a /share site that I need to do manually to create the site in /alfresco and have it be visible in /share?

The reason for this question is to have a simple (and hopefully code-free) way of having user's spaces be autocreated by LDAP and have them visible in the My Sites dashlet in share. My plan is to create all the home folders under /Sites/UserHome/documentLibrary (I can change the authentication-services-context.xml file to set the userHomesFolderProvider's path to ${spaces.company_home.childname}/${spaces.sites.childname}/${spaces.user_homes.childname} or something similar).

Outcomes