AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating customised browse.jsp for a folder type

Question asked by samuel.penn on Aug 21, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2009 by samuel.penn
Hi all,

I've created a new custom space type (inheriting from cm:folder), and I want to display my own view onto that space when a user navigates into it. To this end, I've copied and modified browse.jsp (currently it just hides the space and content view, leaving the custom view to display a presentation template).

I've placed the following configuration into web-client-config-custom.xml:

<code xml>
    <config evaluator="node-type" condition="centrom:database">
        <navigation>
            <override from-view-id="/jsp/browse/browse.jsp" to-view-id="/centrom/jsp/database.jsp" />
      </navigation>
    </config>
</code>

When a user navigates into a space of our content type, the new database.jsp view is displayed as expected, and this works just fine. However, when the user navigates out of that space (by clicking on the breadcrumb, or in the navigation sidebar) our custom view is retained - Alfresco doesn't switch back to using browse.jsp

What am I missing? Not being an expert on JSF, I would have expected the above configuration to only kick in if displaying our content type, and the default browse.jsp to be reverted to when the user leaves our content type.

All the documentation I've found so far seems to concentrate on overriding the details page of a content type, rather than the browse view, so doesn't seem to cover this scenario.

Thanks,
Sam.

Outcomes