AnsweredAssumed Answered

filing records via Web Scripts / JavaScript API

Question asked by kgeis on Dec 19, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 by fpp
I'm having problems writing a web script that can put some content into a RM folder.  I am basing my script on the example upload script.  Here's a snippet from my script:

// find the appropriate record folder
  var filePlan = companyhome.childByNamePath("Sites/rm/documentlibrary");
  var recordFolder = filePlan.childByNamePath("Civilian Files/Case Files and Papers/Gilbert Competency Hearing");

// create document in the record folder for uploaded file
  record = recordFolder.createFile(filename);
  record.properties.content.write(content);
  record.properties.encoding = "UTF-8";
  record.properties.title = title;
  record.properties.description = description;
  record.save();
Now, when I create a file in the record folder, RecordsManagementServiceImpl.onFileContent(..) is called by policy and the record aspects are added.  This is good.  However, when I go to view the created record in the node browser, the title and description are null.  I can't figure out how to set those in my script.

When I go to share and try to view the document, it bombs on the metadata form.  I guessed that some expected metadata was missing, and I found that the Share filed records have the "author" and "versionable" aspects in addition to what mine had.  So, I went to add the versionable aspect to my document by saying

record.addAspect("cm:versionable")
The effect of this is putting Alfresco into an infinite loop somewhere deep in its bowels.  If I'm "lucky" enough to use a database that does table locking, it just bombs after a timeout period.  (H2 bombs, H2 with MVCC enabled loops, PostgreSQL loops.)

I figured that I need to add the metadata in as similar a way to Share as possible, but I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around the complexities of the implementation.

If Alfresco engineering reads this, please expose RM actions via the ScriptRecordsManagmentService.

Help would be appreciated.

Outcomes