AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS troubleshooting on CentOS 5.2

Question asked by benarrayx on Dec 21, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2010 by benarrayx
Hi there, I have Alfresco 3.2r2 setup on a server in the cloud, I'm trying to get CIFS running but without much success.

Let's say for example that my domain is alfresco.test.com. Please can anyone help with giving me the correct configuration for the server? I've been using this document for configuration: http://wiki.alfresco.com/w/images/6/62/Installing_and_Configuring_Alfresco_ECM_Community_Edition_3_2_r2.pdf, specifically the "Configuring SMB/CIFS server" section, but I'm unclear as to what values I should be using in which file.

If anybody could give me clear instructions as to how to configure Alfresco to get this working, or point me at such instructions, I'd really appreciate it. Eg.

1. Configure file x on server using these properties as relating to a CIFS server in the cloud hosted on alfresco.test.com.
2. Attempt to map a Network drive in Windows using this url.

I'm also unclear as to whether I need to do any port / routing configuration on the server, I've seen references in forum posts to these but not in any formal docs. The server is not behind any firewall.

AHA, Ben

Outcomes