AnsweredAssumed Answered

3.2r2 CE openLDAP + self-signed cert

Question asked by jegans on Dec 29, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 by jegans
Hi all,

I have recently started playing around with alfresco and I am currently running into an issue, hopefully someone can help.

Issue: I have a standard bundle install of 3.2r2 Community Edition which has been configured to authenticate against openLDAP. I have tested that the authentication is working and that the users and groups are getting synced into alfresco.  In the initial test I had an open connection with authentication mechanism set to simple, but when I change over to SSL with a self-signed certificate Alfresco is dying on server startup. 

the root exception I am seeing:

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: 192.168.2.8:636
[Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

I have verified the SSL connection to openLDAP is working using Apache Directory Studio, and I am pretty sure it's related to being a self-signed cert.

your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jegan

Outcomes