AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help: Vista x64 won't allow admin login on 3.2 CE

Question asked by n0hr on Sep 6, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2009 by ivan.plestina
I discovered Alfresco a few days ago and thought I'd give it a try.

On a Win XP Pro laptop, I was able to get it running within a few minutes. There were a few quirks that I'm still sorting through - but it went very well overall.

On my Vista (64 bit Home) laptop it was a different story. I've tried installing several times (including as the Administrator) without luck. The install completes, then I start Alfresco and wait a very long time (~5 minutes?) before I'm able to get the login page to function.

Once the login page does appear, I attempt to login as admin. However, it gives me the authentication / remote server error message.

Failed to Login
The remote server may be unavailable or your authentication details have not been recognized.

I'm trying the admin / admin password (as on the XP install) but it acts as if the password is bad. I'm sure the errors in the log are a clue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the top of the alfresco log:
21:30:04,604 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/repository.properties]
21:30:04,608 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/domain/transaction.properties]
21:30:04,609 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from URL [file:/C:/Alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties]
21:30:04,744 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/alfresco-shared.properties]
21:30:12,430 WARN  [org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure

Last packet sent to the server was 0 ms ago.)
   at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
   at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:81)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:84)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2073)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1298)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:805)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:745)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:134)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1203)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1172)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:427)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:267)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:110)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1100)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:862)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:423)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:267)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:110)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1100)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:862)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:423)

Outcomes