AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error with inbound mailserver: ClassCastException

Question asked by binary-two on Jan 7, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 by xkahn
Hello Alfresco forum members!

When I try to submit e-mails with attachments using the internal smtp-server, I get following error message (i.e. Java ClassCastException) on the server side:

17:27:32,222 ERROR [org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailServer] javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart cannot be cast to javax.mail.Multipart
java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart cannot be cast to javax.mail.Multipart
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailMessage.parseMessagePart(SubethaEmailMessage.java:226)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailMessage.processMimeMessage(SubethaEmailMessage.java:180)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailMessage.<init>(SubethaEmailMessage.java:113)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailServer$Handler.processDelivery(SubethaEmailServer.java:176)
        at org.alfresco.email.server.impl.subetha.SubethaEmailServer$Handler.data(SubethaEmailServer.java:132)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.command.DataCommand.execute(DataCommand.java:57)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.RequireTLSCommandWrapper.execute(RequireTLSCommandWrapper.java:27)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.CommandHandler.handleCommand(CommandHandler.java:78)
        at org.subethamail.smtp.server.Session.run(Session.java:144)

I am using Alfresco 3.2 C. I tried to update the subethamail lib with no change.

On the client side:

SMTP< 554 An internal error prevented mail delivery.
SMTP error: 554 An internal error prevented mail delivery.
SMTP listener refused delivery

E-mails are lost.

I was not able to find the above error message reported before. E-mails with no attachments get processed perfectly fine.

Any help or suggestions to be able to get e-mails with attachments working would be highly appreciated.

Thanks heaps in advance!

Kind regards,

Björn

Outcomes