AnsweredAssumed Answered

Icon file for custom page used in 'Customize site'

Question asked by rjohnson on Dec 21, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 by erikwinlof
I have successfully created a custom site page for Share and added it to Share so that it is displayed in the list of "Available site pages" when you select "Customize site" from the "More" drop down menu.

At first, the icon that was displayed for the new page in the "Available site pages" panel was called page-64.png. I quickly worked out that the system was looking for a file page-{page-id}-64.png and if it couldn't find it (or got an error loading the page details) defaulted to page-64.png.

I created an icon, popped it into tomcat/webapps/share/components/images and sure enough it displayed properly.

However, once again I had put a "custom" item into the "standard" folders which I wanted to avoid so I tried putting this image in various places in the customisation directories where I had created my new site page files (tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/…….. etc). Unfortunately, no matter where I put the icon file the system didn't find it unless it was in tomcat/webapps/share/components/images.

My question is really, can I put the page icon file in the customisation directories and if so, where; or does the page icon file have to be in the "standard system directory"?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Outcomes