AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating semi-public site in Share

Question asked by dwinfield on Sep 14, 2009
After some work, I created another page (like links, discussion, wiki etc).  And have everything working great…except visibility.

I want all the content in one site siteA (so that there's not a lot of copy-paste everytime something is created, edited, deleted).

I want another site, "siteB" to be able to edit/read/update/delete (maybe) all the stuff in siteA.  This isn't a problem when siteA is public.  However, I can't really have siteB people know about siteA, so I made siteA private.  Then, through the webclient, I added all users in siteB to siteA's ACL. 

When I goto siteB and go to the new page, I get
08140020 Wrapped Exception (with status template): 08140019 Failed to execute script '/com/eastport/toolsmatrix/tmlinks.get.js (in classpath store file:C:/alfrescoTomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts)': 08140018 Access Denied. You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.

There are some slight changes with the roles, when I look at the roles for siteA, siteA people are listed as Site Collaborator, Site Manager, Site Consumer.  When I tried to add siteB to the permissions, I was only able to choose Manager, Consumer, Collaborator (same role names with "Site");

Anyone have any ideas?  Unfortunately I'm at the point of having to change the alfresco webscript, and I have terrible luck debugging those javascripts.

Dave

Outcomes