AnsweredAssumed Answered

Content-based filtering of Advanced Search properties

Question asked by darryl_staflund on Sep 17, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 by sidi
Hi all,

I am currently working on a project in which we are developing a wide variety of advanced workflows for an educational institution.  We are typing our folders and documents and want to be able to search on one or more of the custom properties and types that we give them.  Although I can specify what properties can be searched on the Advanced Search screen, I can't seem to filter these properties by content type.  And so, as the number of types and properties in our application grows, the busier and busier the Advanced Search screen becomes as more and more properties are shown on it.  Please let me know if I am wrong on this point.

To help manage the busy-ness of the Advanced Search screen, it would be nice if the screen could filter properties based on content type selected.  For instance, if I select 'Transcript' as a document to search on, only those fields associated with the underlying content type should be displayed on the Advanced Search page.  Similarly with folder types.  I would like to add this to my wish list for Alfresco.

Darryl

Outcomes