AnsweredAssumed Answered

to edit  'notify_user_email.html.ftl' which file I should ed

Question asked by bisana on Jan 12, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2013 by jonatas_rc2network
Hi All
I am using Alfresco-community-4.0.c
I am doing some R&D
For a folder I created a rule in which, a action is defined. This action sends email, for the messaging part I have chosen email template
"notify_user_email.html.ftl". Later when I check in  a file to this folder I get email notification with deatails and value such as URL , document name , who had checked in etc

Now for exploring  I copied the contents of "notify_user_email.html.ftl" to another file, discarded the template and then copied back the contents of the "notify_user_email.html.ftl" to the message body. In this case when I check in any file to the folder I get email notification, but I do not get any value for the parameters. I get the paratmeter (eg ${person.properties.firstName} <#if person.properties.lastName?exists> ${person.properties.lastName} has added a new content item, ${document.name}, in the ${document.siteShortName!""} site.) not the value

As for trouble shooting and to look further I searched for "notify_user_email.*" and I have found the file "notify_user_email.ftl" in "/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/templates/email
"
  My doubt is that
(1)Is this file "notify_user_email.ftl " in /tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/templates/email/ has anything to do with the template "notify_user_email.html.ftl"
(2) If I want to edit  "notify_user_email.html.ftl" which file I should edit
(3) Why the code which I have pasted after discarding the template did not display the result
Guidance and advice requested
Thanks
Joseph John

Outcomes