AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Paths & AD Integration

Question asked by unknown-user on Sep 21, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 by dward
Good Morning,

I am currently using the Alfresco 3.2 Community solution while I test this solution out before upgrading to the full solution…but maybe this is part of my issue.

First, thanks for taking the time to review my board post. I have scoured google/alfresco forums/whitepapers looking for, what I'd think would be easily apparent, documentation on changing setting user file repositories. Please forgive my basic lack of knowledge with Alfresco but I have just started implementing this solution over share point.

Right now, I believe, Alfresco points to the default C:\ for the user folders once files are uploaded. I don't need a step by step solution from any of the Alfresco Community Board members but if someone could point me in the direction of the correct documentation for solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

My second query has to do with Alfresco and integrating it with current Active Directory Users & Groups. At this point, the company I am consulting with, is some what small. Manually creating the accounts is not a huge feat in itself but in the future, with growth, I could see this as becoming an issue with overall head cost. I have read multiple posts and docs on the web about this solution but have no found a real answer - just a lot of frustration/complaining. Again, no need for a step by step from community members - I can read ;) Does anyone have a good source of doc to follow as a guideline in setting this solution up?

Thank You for Your Time,
-drew

Outcomes