AnsweredAssumed Answered

Date picker control

Question asked by jenniferh on Jan 17, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 by sharifu
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but since I'm working with records management I thought I'd try here first. I have a form in share that uses a date picker control. The date is displaying in the edit field in UK English instead of US English. For example, Jan 13, 2012 displays as 13/1/2012. I need it to display as 1/13/2012. I was able to "fix" this by overriding the form.get_en.properties under /WEB-Inf/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/form. That is, I created a site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/form directory structure under my extensions/web-extension folder and copied the form.get_en.properties file there. Then I changed the following two properties:

form.control.date-picker.entry.date.format
form.control.date-picker.display.date.format

This worked but I am wondering if there is a better way to do it (i.e., just overriding those two properties without having to copy the contents of the entire file). Also, I thought that US English was supposed to be the default so I'm confused as to why the date picker control is displaying UK English.

Outcomes