AnsweredAssumed Answered

Move alf_data data store to Novell NSS volume

Question asked by zchen17 on Sep 23, 2009
Latest reply on May 10, 2010 by amginenigma
I am trying to move all user data that's located at [Alf_Home]/alf_data by default to a Novell NSS volume, /media/nss/ALF_DAT_VOL1 for example.  The target location is a Novell NSS file system.

The system is built with SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 with Novell OES 2 SP1. 
It's running an eDirectory, NSS, and Alfresco Community Edition 3.2. 
Alfresco users are authenticated against the local eDirectory LDAP.
the server has two volumes:
/ is ext3 linux file system
/media/nss is Novell NSS file system

When I experimented changing the data store location from the default to somewhere within the same volume/file-system, everything keeps working fine.  But when I moved it to /media/nss/anywhere, not only alfresco won't start, the server froze everything I tried this. No relevant error/debug logs in alfresco.log.  I had to power off the server and reboot to get the server back up.  These steps are what I did in making these attempts:
1. stop alfresco
2. change dir.root=/media/nss/destination-dir  in alfresco-global.propertities
3. change dir.root=/media/nss/destination-dir  in [Alf_Home]/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/repository.properties
3. copy everything from [Alf_Home]/alf_data to /media/nss/destination-dir
4. start alfresco
Then, before the server froze, this is everything appended to the alfresco.log
13:21:07,625 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/repository.properties]
13:21:07,627 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/domain/transaction.properties]
13:21:07,627 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from URL [file:/opt/Alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties]
13:21:07,761 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.JndiPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/alfresco-shared.properties]
13:21:45,151 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
13:21:48,106 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] No changes were made to the schema.

At this point, I have no clue what I should look into next.  Can someone please tell what the problem is? I appreciate your help.

Outcomes