AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change in associated target is not invalidated for source

Question asked by sam1980 on Jan 19, 2012
Setup:
Alfresco version 4.c Community
Alfresco repos is running in Tomcat, the webapp in Glassfish.

Clean install of the wcmqs demo website with the Government content imported

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to a news article, i.e /en/news/jobs-and-education/article1.html - Personal finance for College Successa
2. This article has two associated articles under related content; "Home buying schemas - help to buy a home" and "Working and paying tax"
3. Open Alfresco share and change the title of the "Home buying schemas - help to buy a home" news article to something else.
4. Refresh the article from step 1.

Error / Observations:
* The changed title for the  "Home buying schemas - help to buy a home" (changed in step 3) is not reflected in the Related Content listing. I have even seen the old and new title alternating between refreshes (might need some tries, but it happens).
* The title in the Related Content listing becomes correct and consistent if the article in step 1 itself is altered, i.e updated with new content.

As far as my observations go it seems like relatedAssets-method may return stale data for the target unless you make a change to the source of the association.

Has anyone else observed this? I've tried to reduce the cache times to a minimum - and this does not seem to affect or solve the problem.

Outcomes