AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to URL Directly for Inline Editing of Content?

Question asked by peterstb on Oct 2, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 by tonc
I'm curious as to whether or not it is possible to get directly to a piece of content, in the Alfresco Explorer, such that it lands me directly on the page (space and subfolder) of a piece of content?  From there I can edit the content directly, without having to have navigated there manually…

To explain further…  If I want to edit a piece of content through the Alfresco Explorer, I do the following:
1. Login to the Alfresco Explorer by accessing the login page (http://localhost:8080/alfresco/faces/jsp/dashboards/container.jsp) and providing login credentials
2. Navigate to a Space I've defined
3. Navigate to a piece of content I created
4. Click on the "Edit Online" button (below the piece of content I'm interested in editing)
5. Edit the content in the subsquent window (text field for text content, rich-text-editor for HTML)
6. Save the content
7. Click on the "Done Editing" button (below the piece of content I'm interested in editing) to save

I'd like to provide a link to a content editor that performs steps 1-3, so the content editor is looking at the piece of content he/she needs to edit and performs steps 4-7 manually.  I'd like to handle the navigation for the user, so all they have to do is edit the content.

This seems do-able???  I know I can use Web Scripts to access content, by first performing a login call (with user credentials), then with the Alfresco Ticket (alf_ticket), I can navigate to and access content.  Is there any way to provide URL parameters to authenticate a user and land in a specific location, in the Alfresco Explorer?

Thanks,
Todd

Outcomes