AnsweredAssumed Answered

Model and form deployment

Question asked by matthieulaborie on Feb 8, 2012
Latest reply on May 1, 2012 by arnoldschrijver
Hi!

I've been developping the model designer addons for share http://addons.alfresco.com/addons/alfresco-model-designer. I think such module could be provided in alfresco core and will help for cloud personalisation. I will be please to help for it.

Anyway I'm experimenting some issue deploying model and forms. Now DictionaryModelType.java allow to deploy model, but only incremental changes. Is there a plan to allow it to be more flexible ? There is also a lot of TODO in this file is there a plan to complete it?
It will also be nice to have a way to draw back deploy error to the user Interface. As a way around I'm thinking to check first the model to find potential errors and display it before trying to  deploy.

For forms, is there a way to allow to deploy share config files directly from the repository? It will be really nice!
For now I have made a patch that allow to deploy config files from a directory on the filesystem.
At startup share look for all configs files in this directory. I can make the same, looking for files in the repository but I not sure that it's a good solution to make a webscript call to the repository at share startup. Any idea on how to make that?

Regards
Matthieu

Outcomes