AnsweredAssumed Answered

problems with Office Plugin 3.2R2

Question asked by waypoint on Feb 9, 2010
Hi All,

I am new to Alfresco. I have only been testing it for a couple of days. It seems to be a good solution for us. However, there are a couple of problems with its MS-office add-in.
1. on the manual that comes with the plugin 3.2R2 doesn't mention anything about webdav url, nor is there such a field to populate. Because of the known issue with webdav on Windows Vista/7, I am using CIFS. After I check out a doc, and open it from the plugin, The plugin tells me that the current document is not managed by Alfresco. But from the version changes on the webclient (after hit the save button), it seems indeed managing those docs. At least versions. Any idea why? and how do I fix it?
2. check in and check out will produce a script error with this plugin. click ok to ignore the error, the result seems to be ok anyway. What causes this? and how do I fix it?

My environment: Alfresco Community Edition 3.2R2 (full package), running on CentOS 5.4 X64_86 with MySQL. Pretty much default for everything. No customization done at all. The client is Windows 7 PRO X64, Office 2007 and Alfresco Office 2003 Add-in 3.2R2.

Please enlighten me!

Benson

Outcomes