AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom humanPerformer

Question asked by mir on Feb 22, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2012 by mir
Greetings,
I came across this issue while developing a custom workflow with Activiti: there are two assignees in that workflow, first one being bpm:assignee and the second one being, say, mywf:assignee2; it is declared through an aspect in myWorkflowModel. They are in charge of a task each in the workflow definition, and syntax looks fine and all, yet I'm unable to transition to the second task, the assignee2's; a javascript error pops up and goes "org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Unknown property used in expression" after I click the transition that leads to that task. Now, I've tried everything that came to my mind, from entirely redeploying the workflow to renaming the aspect in question (I know, right), and that included giving bpm:assignee the task instead of mywf:assignee2. Lo and behold, doing that eliminated the error, but was kind of irrelevant since that task should go to the other guy.
So I reckon the workflow definition doesnt recognize the aspect (before you ask, it is included in the workflowModel), or syntax should be different for custom aspects there (unlikely, huh - I double checked workflowModel, aspect still there), or something else - I'm kind of out of options that make any sense to me at all, thus I'm asking for help here. I could route that assignment property through bpm:assignee, I guess, but that just feels unnatural.

I'd appreciate your input on this.

Outcomes