AnsweredAssumed Answered

Opensearch Results in Alfresco Explorer

Question asked by unknown-user on Mar 4, 2010
I'm not sure if this would be better suited to another forum.  If so, please let me know and I will move it.

I have been looking at the opensearch capability in Alfresco in the hopes that I can add the ability to search Alfresco from my CRM application by just passing a URL from the CRM to Alfresco.  This works fine, but the results appear in a very stripped-down UI rather than in the native search results page that I would see if I did this search from the Alfresco Explorer interface.

For example, if I pass this URL to Alfresco (http://x.x.x.x:8080/alfresco/service/api/search/keyword?q=15530), then I get a search page that gives me two PDFs.  If I do a search in Explorer for 15530, I get the same two pdfs and also a space called "15530"; I also get the ability to "view details" which allows me to do a "view in CIFS", should I need to edit the resulting file.

Is there a way to pass a URL (or something similar) and have the results load in the full Explorer interface so that it will search content and spaces and so that it gives my users access to the Explorer features (checkout, view in cifs, etc)?

Thanks!

Outcomes