AnsweredAssumed Answered

[SOLVED] Failed deploying alfresco from war

Question asked by bluearth on Nov 9, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 by bluearth
Hi,

Since alfresco installation package for linux requires GUI which not suitable for my current situation, I decided to try and deploy alf from the war package (alfresco-community-war-3.2r.zip). My web container is tomcat 6. So I followed the instruction at "Installing and Configuring Alfresco ECM Community Edition 3.2r.pdf".

- I have created the required directory that are missing in tomcat 6.
- Move the extension dir from the zip file to shared/classes/alfresco/
- That gives me the main alf configuration under shared/classes/alfresco/ at alfresco-global.propertoes
- Edited that file to match my environtment.
- Dropped JDBC driver under lib (mine uses MSSQL Server jTDS driver)
- Drop the alfresco.war under tomcat's webapp dir
- Bootstrap tomcat

The server started, but server output indicates that alfresco.war failed to load. Here's the server output highlighting the place where tomcat fails:

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
Nov 9, 2009 1:42:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignore
d.
13:43:06,844  INFO  [alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/repository.properties]
13:43:06,846  INFO  [alfresco.config.JndiPropertiesFactoryBean] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/domain/transaction.properties]
13:43:06,979  INFO  [alfresco.config.JndiPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/alfresco-shared.properties
]
13:43:11,075  WARN  [hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver'
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1136)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
       …further stacktrace goes here…

As shown, alf still look for default MySQL driver and seemed ignoring my global property setting.
Is there anything missing from my installation steps?

Cheers…

Outcomes