AnsweredAssumed Answered

2.1 Context Initialization Failed

Question asked by lies0034 on Nov 9, 2009
I have a Linux Red Hat server running with alfresco 2.1 using PostgreSQL that I did not set up, we want to upgrade this to 3.2 but we also want to migrate all of the data.

I have tried several different things:

- Install Alfresco 3.2 on a different server and use the Backup and Restore steps from the Wiki to transfer the data. This resulted in a Schema Auto-Update error.
- Install Alfresco 2.1 on a different server so that I can migrate the data and then upgrade to 3.2. I am having trouble getting 2.1 to install properly, I keep getting:

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:825)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:714)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No user transaction is active
        at org.alfresco.util.transaction.SpringAwareUserTransaction.rollback(SpringAwareUserTransaction.java:479)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:276)
        … 44 more

I have found a couple of posts with similar problems to what I am experiencing, but I have not seen any answers that worked for my configuration. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you

Outcomes