AnsweredAssumed Answered

Outlook (not OE) issue opening Email in Alfresco repository

Question asked by andreas.wilmsmeier on Mar 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2010 by agentsmith0009
Hi all,
I have successfully
- configured Alfresco (3.2r2) to expose all required documents through the IMAP protocol
- configured Outlook 2010 (not Outlook Express) to connect to my Alfresco server and show all exposed folders
- moved/copied Emails with and without attachments (attachments are stored as part of the Email not as separate files in the repository)
- I can open the Emails from within Alfresco Explorer or Alfresco Share

The only issue I stiil have is that I can not open the Emails from within Outlook:
- I can open the folder and can see the subject, author, … of the Email(s) stored there (which I have previously moved there from within Outlook)
- Whenever I try to open the Email (as preview or in separate window) I only see a blank (preview) window and it seems as if Outlook is trying repeatedly to read and display the Email content (the window keeps flickering as if updated repeatedly.
The Alfresco log (configured to show 'debug' messages) does not show any errors but seems OK to me. Other IMAP accounts (e.g. "web.de" Accounts) are working just fine with Outlook 2010.

Has anybody been able to successfully use Outlook (2007 or 2010, but not Outlook Express) with Alfresco? Is there any specific configuration or "trick" involved to do this?
Thanks in advance for any help with this,
Andreas

Outcomes