AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 4.0.d + Windows SBS 2011 Essentials

Question asked by mszpakowski on Apr 5, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 by mszpakowski
Hello,

I'm new to Alfresco, but did a thorough search of issues discussed on the forum. Unfortunatelly, nothing works for me…

I installed a fresh instance of Windows SBS 2011 Essentials (Windows SBS 2008 RC2 with service packs and latest additions, without Exchange or Sharepoint) and installed Alfresco on top of the stack (64bit versions). I enabled CIFS and I disabled the Windows Firewall rule so it blocks any incoming connections to SMB port 445. I even tried uninstalling windows file and printer sharing alltogether. I created a dummy entry in the hosts file. Lastly, I created the auth chain to authenticate with AD (passthru).

I still can't get CIFS working. Here's what I do in detail:

1. Install fresh SBS 2011 essentials.
2. Install fresh alfresco 4.0.d.
3. Login with alfresco built-in admin account to Explorer and Share - everything works perfectly until then.
4. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - the login/pass query does not accept any combination: admin/pass, "\admin" (no domain name provided)/pass. It's not working from SBS nor from connected Windows 7 Enterprise.
5. Enable CIFS in alfresco-global.properties:

cifs.enabled=true
cifs.domain=MYDOMAIN
cifs.hostannounce=true
6. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - the login/pass query does not accept any combination: admin/pass, "\admin" (no domain name provided)/pass. It's not working from SBS nor from connected Windows 7 Enterprise.
7. Disable firwall rule accept incoming connections on port 445.
8. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - the login/pass query does not accept any combination: admin/pass, "\admin" (no domain name provided)/pass. It's not working from SBS nor from connected Windows 7 Enterprise.
9. Insert dummy hosts entry - serverA 13.13.13.13
10. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - the login/pass query does not accept any combination: admin/pass, "\admin" (no domain name provided)/pass. It's not working from SBS nor from connected Windows 7 Enterprise.
11. Uninstall windows file and printer sharing in Network infaces properties alltogether.
12. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - this time the network path is not found at all.
13. Enable NTLMv1 instead of NTLMv2.
14. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - this time the network path is not found at all.
15. Set up authentication against AD with passthru according to the documentation.
16. Try logging in to CIFS - unsuccesful - network path is not found.
17. Install back file and printer sharing in Network Ifaces properties.
18. No success.

The weird thing is that I can log in to Share and Explorer with AD usernames and passwords, but CIFS is still not accepting connections.

Could anyone please provide me with detailed instructions how to set up CIFS on SBS 2011 Essentials?

Just to update - I use Alfresco 4.0.d Community installer, no entries appear in catalina logs.

Thanks, Michael

Outcomes