AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fresh Install on Fedora Server

Question asked by riggaroo on May 2, 2012
Latest reply on May 3, 2012 by bisana
Hello there,
I am a real newbie to Alfresco and have tried to install the community edition on a Fedora 64bit VM. I managed to install it, but I cannot login to the /share. I've read a lot of the forum posts here and I am really battling to get it running. When I navigate to localhost:8080/alfresco, it says HTTP 404 error, the requested resource is not available. I can view the login page but subsequently cant login using the default login.
The forum states:"Please also note: Share will not let you log-in if the Explorer application is either not running correctly or running on a port other than 8080 and you haven't told Share where to find it. You must get Explorer (/alfresco) working before attempting to run Share."
I am not sure where to check that this configuration setting, I didn't change any parameters on the default installation.

My alfresco.log file is listed below:
11:24:01,095 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.TemplateProcessorRegistry] Registered template processor freemarker for extension ftl
11:24:01,419 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.ScriptProcessorRegistry] Registered script processor javascript for extension js
11:24:01,420 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.TemplateProcessorRegistry] Registered template processor freemarker for extension ftl
11:24:01,439 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.ScriptProcessorRegistry] Registered script processor javascript for extension js
11:24:07,954 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeRegistry] Registered 312 Web Scripts (+0 failed), 322 URLs
11:24:07,954 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeRegistry] Registered 8 Package Description Documents (+0 failed)
11:24:07,954 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeRegistry] Registered 0 Schema Description Documents (+0 failed)
11:24:08,814 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntimeContainer] Initialised Spring Surf Container Web Script Container (in 7352.2676ms)
11:24:08,838 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.TemplateProcessorRegistry] Registered template processor freemarker for extension ftl
11:24:08,850 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.ScriptProcessorRegistry] Registered script processor javascript for extension js
14:07:28,835 INFO  [org.alfresco.web.site.EditionInterceptor] Unable to retrieve License information from Alfresco: 404

I apologise if its something stupid but I really need some help  :cry: been trying for 2 days straight now

Thanks..

Outcomes