AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upload form in dashlet

Question asked by spazur on May 4, 2012
Latest reply on May 23, 2012 by peter88
Total newbie here, from a VB background, so sorry in advance for what may be simple questions.  I have an upload form/webscript working on the Explorer side of things, and want to drop that url into a dashlet for one of our Share sites.  I am setting a destination folder for all uploaded files to go to, and in Explorer, this webscript works perfectly.

But, when I try to point to this in a Webview dashlet, it makes the user log in to Explorer, even if they are already logged in to Share.  I'm finding I can't just move the script to Share because some of the methods I am using are not available.  I have tried several things that I have found on the forums to no avail, and am hoping my ignorance is the main reason and not limitations of Alfresco. 

I am using the file upload code found on the examples wiki page (http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Web_Scripts_Examples#File_Upload), with the only significant change being instead of companyHome as a destination, I use:

var space_to_use = companyhome.childByNamePath("Sites/xxxxx/documentLibrary/xxxxxxx/Idea Repository");
upload = space_to_use.createFile("upload" + space_to_use.children.length + "_" + filename) ;

Can anyone offer any advice?  Code would be real helpful!  Thank you very much for your help.

SP

Outcomes