AnsweredAssumed Answered

Action Executer vs Java backed Webscript

Question asked by m_scapoli on May 7, 2012
Latest reply on May 10, 2012 by m_scapoli
Hello, I've implemented a DocumentDetails Action that calls a Dilog containing a Form and pass some input to an Action Executer class.
The declaration for this action should be like this:
<action id="ext.plugin.doclib.action.version-difference" type="javascript" label="action.label.version-diff"
            icon="../../../components/documentlibrary/actions/version-diff-icon">
               <param name="function">onActionFormDialog</param>
               <param name="itemKind">action</param>
               <param name="itemId">version-difference</param>
               <param name="mode">create</param>
               <param name="destination">{node.nodeRef}</param>
               <param name="failureMessage">message.version-diff.failure</param>
               <evaluator>evaluator.doclib.action.versionDiffMimetype</evaluator>
         </action>

I've implemented the Dialog with inside the Form and I've written the ActionExecuter class that handle the parameters that I pass into the class and does the job I want
    /*
     * Form parameters:
     */
    public static final String PARAM_VDIFF_MAJOR_VERS = "major-vers-number";
    public static final String PARAM_VDIFF_MINOR_VERS = "minor-vers-number";
    …
    …
       @Override
    protected void addParameterDefinitions(List<ParameterDefinition> paramList) {

paramList.add(new ParameterDefinitionImpl(
                PARAM_VDIFF_MAJOR_VERS,
                DataTypeDefinition.TEXT,
                true,
                getParamDisplayLabel(PARAM_VDIFF_MAJOR_VERS)));
    …
    …

My problem now is: if I wanted that after the ActionExecuter class has done the job the Action returns Json objects and bring me to a page that loads this Json Objects, how can I do this?

I know that for implement an action that load a page I've to write the action with the type="pagelink" and refer to a webscript that extends the DeclarativeWebScript class, the class produce a model and then this is loaded in the page that the action calls like in this post in this post I had written a while ago: https://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43936 and this is the result that I want to have:

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg341/scaled.php?server=341&filename=docdiffpagejson.png&res=medium[/img]

More precisely: there is a method to implement a Custom Action that popup a Dialog with Form to recive some data to pass to a Class that elaborate the data and then brings me to a Page that visualize this data?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Outcomes