AnsweredAssumed Answered

A Simple private file share

Question asked by jkoutavas on May 8, 2012
Latest reply on May 10, 2012 by jpotts
Hi. I am new to Alfresco.

Alfresco is an amazing product and I can see from my studies of it there's no end to its configurability. This is a good thing! I'm really happy I found it. The core of what I want to accomplish with Alfresco is quite simple and I think I need a hand.

I'm hoping that someone(s) in this forum can take Alfresco beginner me underwing and point me in the right direction. Exactly where in the tons of online documentation and printed books, can I find a recipe to build a site like this:

A site where the folk of the role "content provider" upload videos and .pdf files to specific "content reader" owned folders. Folk of the "content reader" role authenticate with the site to view/download the material in their folders, but are not able to look into any other "content readers" folder.

Of COURSE this can be done with Alfresco. But, instead of trying to chip away everything in a full Alfresco install that doesn't do the above, I believe it's best to start with nothing and build out such an Alfresco-based site, yes? What's the recipe for this look like? I'm sure it has been done before. But, I'm not sure where to find it / call it. Is this site application called a "Private file server?"

Thank you.

/Jay

Outcomes