AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solr tracking stopped working

Question asked by aussen2 on May 14, 2012
Latest reply on May 15, 2012 by aussen2
We set up a fresh installation of Alfresco Community 4.0.d about three months ago and everything was working fine until recently. Then out of the sudden the following error messages started to appear in our log files about a week ago. We can still find some documents via search but not all. If we delete the Solr index it will reindex a certain amount of documents but again not all. So the tracking still seems to work in general but for some reason breaks after a certain amount of data is indexed.

We checked the SSL configuration and even added the maxSavePostSize="-1" setting to tomcats server.xml file. That didn't solve the problem. We then set the maxSavePostSize to 16384 (four times the default value) and that initially seemed to solve the problem. But then it came back the next day. We also tried running Solr without SSL but that had no effect either. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Here is the error from the log files:


2012-05-14 05:14:42,849  ERROR [extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [http-8080-14] Exception from executeScript - redirecting to status template error: 04140014 Wrapped Exception (with status template): null
org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 04140014 Wrapped Exception (with status template): null
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractWebScript.createStatusException(AbstractWebScript.java:970)
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeWebScript.execute(DeclarativeWebScript.java:171)
        at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer$2.execute(RepositoryContainer.java:393)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:388)
        at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.transactionedExecute(RepositoryContainer.java:462)
        at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.transactionedExecuteAs(RepositoryContainer.java:500)
        at org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer.executeScript(RepositoryContainer.java:275)
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime.executeScript(AbstractRuntime.java:372)
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime.executeScript(AbstractRuntime.java:209)
        at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.servlet.WebScriptServlet.service(WebScriptServlet.java:118)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.GlobalLocalizationFilter.doFilter(GlobalLocalizationFilter.java:58)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
May 14, 2012 5:14:42 AM org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker trackRepository
SEVERE: Tracking failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 04140012 GetNodeMetaData return status is 500
        at org.alfresco.solr.client.SOLRAPIClient.getNodesMetaData(SOLRAPIClient.java:721)
        at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.indexNode(CoreTracker.java:1879)
        at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.trackRepository(CoreTracker.java:1410)
        at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTracker.updateIndex(CoreTracker.java:491)
        at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.CoreTrackerJob.execute(CoreTrackerJob.java:45)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:563)

Outcomes