AnsweredAssumed Answered

Form controls in popups

Question asked by rjohnson on May 15, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 by arnoldschrijver
I have been trying to create popups to edit meta data that load and process from links on pages other than the document library.

To date I have done this for adding comments, but that form had no "form controls" on it. I am now trying to edit some metadata from a custom aspect. The form loads perfectly well provided that I do not add the date.ftl form control. As soon as I do that I get a javascript error "undefined is not a constructor". If I use textarea.ftl that does not throw an error on load nor does the auto complete control (from the forms32 sample project). That said, the autocomplete doesn't autocomplete (although no errors) and the textarea.ftl is silent.

All these controls work fine on the full "edit meta data" from off document detail view.

Is there a problem using form controls on popups that are launched off pages other than the document library or am I just doing something wrong?

I have included forms.js, object-finder.js and simple-dialog.js in the header of the page I am trying to launch the popup from.

Thank you

Bob Johnson

Outcomes