AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship between alf_transaction and index recovery

Question asked by iblanco on May 31, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 by qsdmv
I've a repository with around 25000 documents, we have just uploaded all of them and executed some actions that set some metadata on them. "alf_node" table is around 145000 rows long and alf_transaction around 275000. In our setup we hace 2 Alfresco Community 4.0.d machines in cluster, using ehcache and index tracking to make the synchronization. We are not using SOLR, just plain old Lucene.

Much of the content is not still indexed but as far as I know this is a process that is done in background based on the existence of FTSSTATUS fields on the lucene indexes. The problem is that after some trouble we stopped both machines and now when I start them with the index recovery set to AUTO it starts the process but does seem to take too long, over 7 hours now and still going. I understand that the full content indexing might take too long, but "the other indexing" the one that is made in foreground should be quite fast.

I suspect it might be related to the fact that the recovery process is trying to "recover" all the transactions and those seem to be too many.
Does the recovery process consider all the transactions in alf_transaction of just the last N ? Is it time based ? I think alf_transaction is emptied by a scheduled job, but when is it safe deleting a transaction entry from this table ?

I know does are quite a lot of question but if someone could seed some light around how transaction table and index recovery process are related that would be really helpful.

Thank you very much.

Outcomes