AnsweredAssumed Answered

Document Library toolbar button to run script

Question asked by ddvorak on May 10, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 by rachana
Hello,

We are running Community Edition 3.2r2 on tomcat6 server (Ubuntu 9.04). I have a script that runs correctly on the Alfresco side that builds a set of freemind map files. Following the tutorial at the following link, I have been able to add a button to the tool bar in the Document Library. I have not been able, however, to make the button do anything:
http://edlovesjava.blogspot.com/2008/10/surf-4-modifying-share-documentlibrary.html

What I would like to do is get the button to run the script, or, better yet…get the button to run the script from the Share side (including dynamically finding the site url and description currently being entered manually to the script). Here are the files I have modified for the button:
/etc/lib/tomcat6/webapps/share/components/documentlibrary/toolbar.css (added css for button images)
/etc/lib/tomcat6/webapps/share/components/documentlibrary/toolbar.js (added button to onReady method to initialize and instantiate the button)
/etc/lib/tomcat6/webapps/share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/documentlibrary/toolbar.get.html.ftl (added button in div)
/etc/lib/tomcat6/webapps/share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/documentlibrary/toolbar.get.properties (added button label as msg)

Can someone help me figure it out from here? I can post modifications I made to files if needed. Thanks in advance…

Deb

Outcomes