AnsweredAssumed Answered

ver 4.0.d:disabled NTLM/ SSO/CIFS but invite has no user/pwd

Question asked by rlyders on Jun 7, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 by mrogers
I am simply trying to setup a test site to show the managers how Alfresco works. i do not want to setup NTLM, SSO, CIFS, AD, etc. I just want to allow user to login with a username and password. Unfortunately, the "invite" emails never include the user's username and password.

I've disabled every authentication setting I can find, yet the invitation email still shows no user name and no password to the invited user. Based on this link: http://andoylang.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/alfresco-with-cifs/ I set all of the following to false:

————————–
————————–
nano /opt/alfresco-4.0.d/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties

ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=false
ntlm.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
alfresco.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
alfresco.authentication.allowGuestLogin=false
passthru.authentication.sso.enabled=false
passthru.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
ldap.authentication.active=false
ldap.synchronization.active=false
ntlm.authentication.sso.enables=false
ntlm.authentication.mapUnknownUserToGuest=false
passthru.authentication.authenticateFTP=false
passthru.authentication.guestAccess=false
————————–
————————–

… I understand that that user should get a username and password shown in their invitation email, but the invitation emails never include any username or password.

I then went through and updated all of the other places where these settings exist and set everything to 'false':

————————–
————————–
find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled' {} \;
nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/passthru/ntlm-filter.properties
OLD:
ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=true
ntlm.authentication.browser.ticketLogons=true
NEW:
ntlm.authentication.sso.enabled=false
ntlm.authentication.browser.ticketLogons=false

find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'ntlm.authentication.authenticateCIFS' {} \;
find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'alfresco.authentication.authenticateCIFS' {} \;
nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/alfrescoNtlm/alfresco-authentication.properties
find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'alfresco.authentication.allowGuestLogin' {} \;
find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'passthru.authentication.sso.enabled' {} \;
find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'passthru.authentication.authenticateCIFS' {} \;
nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/passthru/passthru-authentication-context.properties
OLD:
passthru.authentication.authenticateCIFS=true
passthru.authentication.authenticateFTP=true
NEW:
passthru.authentication.authenticateCIFS=false
passthru.authentication.authenticateFTP=false

find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'ldap.authentication.active' {} \;
nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap-ad-authentication.properties
OLD:
ldap.authentication.active=true
ldap.authentication.allowGuestLogin=true
NEW:
ldap.authentication.allowGuestLogin=false

find -regextype posix-extended -regex '(.*\.xml|.*\.properties)' -exec  grep -H 'ldap.synchronization.active' {} \;
nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap-authentication.properties
OLD:
ldap.authentication.active=true
ldap.authentication.allowGuestLogin=true
NEW:
ldap.authentication.allowGuestLogin=false

nano ./webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap-ad-authentication.properties
OLD:
ldap.synchronization.active=true
NEW
ldap.synchronization.active=false
————————–
————————–

no errors seen when I invite the user or when the user clicks on the URL in the invite email:
tail -f /opt/alfresco-4.0.d/alfresco.log
tail -f /opt/alfresco-4.0.d/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rich

Outcomes